Making a reservation for your rental car
There is more to making a reservation for a rental car than you would expect. This is why Alamo.nl offers you help with choosing the right car for you. Alamo.nl has a user friendly reservation system with which you can see in one glance how much the rental car costs and what the drop off charge is in case this applies. Adding extra options like a child booster seat is easily done in step 3 of the booking process.
A couple of questions before making a reservation
- Where and when do you want to pick up and drop off the car? Usually you will know where you want to pick up the car but did you know that you can return the car at a different location from where you picked it up? For instance if you plan to visit a city at the end of your trip, you can choose to drop off the car at a location in that city. This will save you parking fees and a couple of days rent.
- What time are you picking up and returning the car? When you make a reservation please check the pick up and drop off time. The rental price is based on a day of 24 hours. So if you pick up your car at 2 PM you have to return it at 2 PM. If you choose a later drop off time than your pick up time you will be charged for an extra day.
- How big should your rental car be? Of course you want to travel comfortably. If you choose a rental car ask yourself the question what you are going to use it for. Is it just for driving short distances or do you plan a round trip by rental car? How many suitcases will you take and how many people will be traveling with you?
- Will you be the only driver or are there additional drivers? Registering an additional driver is always required when you pick up the car at te rental location. Often there is a surcharge. If you rent a car in North America you can choose the Alamo Gold package with your booking. If you choose this option the cost of any additional driver is included in the rental price.
- Do you need any car rental enhancements like a child booster seat, a GPS navigation device or any extra insurance? Many of this options you can book beforehand but you will have to pay them at the rental location.
- Are you fully insured or is there any deductible excess in case of damage or theft? Make sure you know exactly what is covered by the insurance and what not. If you want to avoid having to pay any deductible excess then choose our No Risk Warranty.
Once you have answered all of the questions above, you can find out what the price of your car rental will amount to. The rental price will show if you fill out:
- the desired pick up location, date and time
- the desired drop off location, date and time
- the age of the main driver (renter)
After clicking on the car of your choice you can choose any extra options. Once you have completed this step you will get an overview of the rental car, the rental price and the charges that have to be paid at the rental location.
Request a quote
If you want to complete the booking for your rental car, please continue to the payment module. Alamo.nl uses a secure paying environment. You can choose between paying by credit card, iDEAL or PayPal. In case you book long beforehand you can even choose to pay per invoice. Keep your credit card or bank card ready when you want to complete your booking. In case your payment is not successful for whatever reason, one of our staff members will contact you.
Confirmation, invoice and voucher
Once you completed the booking of your rental car by making the payment, you will receive an invoice for your administration and a rental voucher. This voucher contains all the information you need for picking up your rental car.
Changes or cancellation
If you want to make any changes after receiving the voucher, this is possible without any additional costs. You can send an e-mail to email@example.com or contact our call center. One of our staff members will make the changes for you. In case the total rental price changes due to changing a date or time, you will receive a new invoice for the amount you will have to pay or we will refund your money in case the new price turns out lower.
If due to any circumstances you want to cancel your reservation, conditions apply. If you did purchase cancellation insurance upon reservation, your cancellation will be free of charge. The amount paid for the car rental will be reimbursed, except for the costs of the cancellation insurance.